Update: May 2021
CLF has continued to support both of these ventures since our last update and we are still proud to be part of two significant projects that are assisting children in both countries. We are currently exploring opportunities to support local projects too.
Support for Ace Africa:
In 2021 and in line with the Ace Africa’s 2019 – 2021 strategy, Ace is continuing to work towards extending the provision of the Early Childhood Development (ECD) programme for under 5’s children in four other rural schools of Arusha region in Tanzania. These four other schools lack ECD classrooms, trained ECD teachers, furniture and ECD learning materials and due to these conditions attendance by children has been very poor or non-existent.
The following activities will be conducted in 2021 in the Arusha District Council, Arusha region, Tanzania:
- Renovation/construction of four ECD classes from four schools reaching 200 children
- Training eight teachers in ECD teaching methodologies
- Provision of basic ECD furniture and learning materials to four renovated ECD classes
- Providing twenty two ECD events to eleven schools reaching five hundred and fifty children and eleven hundred parents
- Conducting four outreach ECD awareness events reaching eight hundred community members
- Ensure circa eight hundred preschool children from eleven schools attend ECD sessions and receive lunch every day
- Attend local and international advocacy and learning events to promote ECD
By the end of 2021, CLF will have helped Ace Africa establish eleven ECD classes in eleven schools, train thirty-eight teachers, and enable circa eight hundred children to attend pre-school.