Married to Lisa, two children Charlie (6) and Arthur (4) live in a small village outside of Warwick.
David is the COO for FirstPort UK’s largest Property Management Company, looking after over 4500 employees and over 300,000 homes.
Since joining in 2020, David has led an agenda of innovation, operational excellence and customer centricity programs.
Prior to joining FirstPort, David worked for Centrica PLC and sat on the Boards of BGFS, BGSL and BGNH
David holds AP (Approved Persons FSA regulated accountability) status
During his tenure as MD for Service’s, David restructured the field operating model to enable the delivery of consistently great customer outcomes, generated over £200m of new business, £400m of operational efficiency, established strategic partnerships through B2B and developed a growth strategy to diversify into new markets.
In addition to his time at British Gas, David has some fantastic experience working for Eaga as Commercial Director, Operations Director at TRM (USA), and Director Operations at RAC.
Proven record of delivering strong P&L performance and strategic change for competitive advantage in B2B, B2C, financial services, and retail environments. Specific achievements of developing ‘values driven’ leadership teams by personal example, rapid revenue growth, effective expense reduction, and cost controls, regulatory compliance, major change implementation, systems, and organisation leadership within the UK, North America.
- 14 years in Director-level/ senior leadership positions including full P&L responsibility for high turnover rapid growth businesses, strong change and Commercial, Operational management achievements.
- Operating in regulated Energy and Financial Services businesses
- Commercial business development, developing organisational strategic direction
- Clear and collaborative leadership of large multi-site teams. Natural engagement of field
engineering activities and grasp of what really happens ‘on the front line’.
- Sophisticated contract negotiator and performance manager; smart ‘future proofed’ and
operationally practical contracts for productive long-term relationships.
- Strong negotiation and collaboration with union bodies at senior levels